OK- I love long nap days. Guess I will keep posting.
Anyway, I am in the process of writing an invitiation letter to Kari (Norwegian Choreographer) to perform in my series. Hopefully she can take the letter and get local funding to bring some of her dancers since I can't afford it. I can't believe I am starting a business/performance series that I will already know I will lose $ producing-- so it goes.
In addition, I have to plan my kids classes for tomorrow morning and prepare for auditions for BRD (Brittany Reese Dance Co.) tomorrow afternoon.
I have sooooo many marketing ideas and sooooo little time to pursue any of them. I really need a board/ advisory panel of like-minded individuals who want to see this thing go. Wait- isn't that what every other dancer on the planet wants?
The good thing is that the show will go on with the cash or without-- I don't give up which can be a good and bad trait.
The question here is "Is there a modern dance audience in UT who wants to see experimental dance?" Hell- half the time I don't want to see it and that is what I do!
I think of my modern dance experimental performance series like this: There will be no fancy theater, cocktail receptions in gowns, perfect sets and lighting, comfy padded chairs to watch from, write-ups in the NY times, constant influx of beautiful images, etc. etc.
However, there WILL be: up close and personal experience of dancers heavy breathing and sweat, the occasional snack and beer to follow, hard metal chairs to sit on, local write-ups, sometimes questioning if what you are seeing is actually "entertainment", heady post-performance discussions about dance, life and the meaning of it all, grown adults sometimes acting like teenagers...
more later-- babe is calling
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment